Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Take Me Down to Cedar City

There's just one more huge mountain between me and Cedar City. I've planned it out so that I only have a 58 mile day and one climb. The downside: it's 45 miles of up.

From Panguitch, the road just curves upward all the way to the summit. Usually there are smaller hills which combined will get me to the final elevation, but today, it's all lumped into one. I will climb for about five hours and coast down the other side in about fifteen minutes.


It wasn't as bad as Boulder Mountain, but it was close. Mentally, I was much more prepared since it was the one and only task for the day and I hadn't already gone eighty miles. Nothing too serious to report, just a technical and basic climb that lasted for a long time.

The descent was very exciting though. I hit 42mph and sailed down the last thirteen miles to Cedar City. I accumulated a few miserly truckers behind me, but there was not a lot I could/would do to let them pass, so they just laid on the horns and followed me down. I was moving so fast that with the wind rushing across my ears, their horns just sounded like whistles in the background.

Cedar City>Bike Shop>Everything Cleaned and Greased>Bed.

Nevada soon... Bring it on, vultures.





Utah- always thinking of new ways to block the roads.

Location:Utah 130,Cedar City,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment